Friday, September 08, 2006

Going back in time - Paris Day Four

Day 4 of Paris. It was raining the entire day...sux. Totally cmi sky for photoshooting. Anyway, we went to Sacre Coeur in the late morning which is near Montmartre. As you approach the basilica, you see a 'syndicate' of blacks trying to con you into buying this so call 'friendship band'. One even said something like its a tradition and a must have to visit Sacre Coeur. Luckily, Hong Wei told me about the existence of such thingy, so we just ignored them and walked off. As usual, no tripod in the basilica and it was freaking dim. No way that I can take a proper picture. So I gave up n just walk around.
The afternoon part of the day was more exciting, not to forget the fact that the rain got heavier and weather got alot colder, as we went on to visit the famous Catacombes of Paris. Its a quarry turned into a kinda burial ground for the dead. You don't see tombs but bones and skulls all stacked neatly by the side of the quarry. It was a really long way down into the underground quarry and I had totally no idea how freaking deep we were underground. It was probably the only time I got this close to this crazy amount of REAL SKELETONS. The bones were so near that, I couldn't help myself but to touch one of the skulls. This may sound a little bit superstitous but I thought the spirit of that particular skull probably wasn't too happy about that little pat I gave it. So, as we stepped out of the quarry into daylight, my dear 77mm HOYA circular polarizer juz fell off from my lens for no reason. Crap...that drop cost me $80 singdollars. So think twice before touching any skulls k.. :P
Oh almost forgot, we dropped by this Arts et Metiers...some museum about materials and scientific stuff. They were also having this temporary concrete exhibition. Quite an interesting museum I should say. So check it out if you are in Paris.
Well I guess that spirit wasn't done with me yet, guess it planned to plague the rest of my day by dampening my mood. The rain got heavier...crap. And we were on our way to visit the tip of Eiffel tower...hoho. Before that, we had the 'good' meal we promised ourselves. Very expensive...don't ever eat near Eiffel tower..:P. Anywayz....the rain continued to pour and wind became stronger....really really cold I tell you, but we still went ahead to go to the top of Eiffel. Took us almost an hour just to reach the top due to the long queue...even on such a crazee weather. This time..there was no restriction to the use of tripod...but I was simply too cold to be bothered to set up my tripod...so images are mostly taken free hand. Quite unfortunate that I couldn't snap a good shot of Paris's night scape from Eiffel. Maybe next time. :P
Here's the pictures..enjoy.

And so, the Catacombes...

and a picture to prove that I was there..:P

and this to show how freaking dark it was...

and how close the bones were to us..hoho

this pic was taken with drizzles coming down onto my lens..:S

no tripods k....:P

and there I was, up there..trying really hard to smile as the wind almost blew my hair off.....:P. Oh and I'm wearing the birthday present that my aki mates gave me this year...hoho...I tot i need 2 more layers of those..haha..ok..not so many decent pictures for the day thanks to the weather. Day 5 to follow..actually not alot too since we spent the entire day travelling to and fro Mont Saint Michel, so I might combine day 5 and 6. Besides, I'm beginning to have some work to do now, so not going to be so free soon. k thats all for day 4. I'll leave you with my standard dinner photos..:P

6 comments:

J O H N N Y said...

wa the sweater looks very nice ah who chose it?

e x p r e s s o said...

dunno lay, i suppose its some si gina :P

Anonymous said...

I'm coming to Paris dude!!! Few more hours! :)

PS: Ur photos are impressive. Take more, study less!

e x p r e s s o said...

hoho...i think i spend more time processing the pics than studying now..:P hey, if u can go Mont Saint Michel, try to go but its rather ex..haha..good luck on your secret mission!

Fat Cat said...

Who cook for u har? Julianna?

e x p r e s s o said...

i cook MYSELF lay.....always myself. :P She dun even really noe how to use a yam to cook something lor..hoho...k..lets not tok abt her :P

u leh? Craig rite? can't be elita...HOHO..lets hope she doesn't see this.. :P