Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The cure for Homesickness...

So what do you do when you are homesick? (especially when you are a Singaporean) Well...simple...eat the FOOD you eat back at home!

And so we did that yesterday. A total of 10 Singaporeans gathered at my place to whip up a ..erm..meal that soothes our 'homesick' a little..haha. It was fun though. The day before, we went to the ONLY Shopping centre in Lund, and it so happened to be named NOVALUND(New Lund...whao....:P). Its located kinda in the outskirts of Lund...hmm though its near Yinghao's place. Didn't take pictures of the shopping trip cos I had my hands full with shopping bags...haha..ok..a bit kua zhang but I did spend a bit there though.
So a little retail therapy and cooking actions brings home closer to us I guess. You don't see me in cooking action since I cooked the curry way before the rest ...so I just hang around and take pictures. :P one full course 100% Singapore meal (since its cooked by Singaporeans). Here's some of the pictures

The ones who..erm..cut the fruits

Our Main Chef!

Our dishwasher..hoho

The one who used the wrong scoop..

are you seeing what I'm seeing..?

and so...the long-awaited meal

After the good meal on Sunday evening, it seems that I've gotten the habit of having good food..so hoho..here's my dinner for tonight. I hope people back in Singapore still recognise me when I'm back. :P. And yes..haha...Paris is still on the way...I had my internet disconnected for a day because I tested their p2p activity detection system..:P REALLY BTH WITHOUT P2P LEH...cannot watch discovery channel...arghh..

6 comments:

J O H N N Y said...

heloooooooooooooooooooo testing blogger cmi

J O H N N Y said...

pro it works liao

e x p r e s s o said...

..... what do u expect from free stuff :P

kx said...

Wah!!!!! Food!!!!! =(
=D nice to travel Europe with u guys. even if it's just by reading about it. =)

Anonymous said...

omg, that is some FEAST you had! grr..you are making me miss the food so much!!!!!!! i'm jealous!

e x p r e s s o said...

sweden's not far away from amsterdam anyway..:P its ard an hrs odd flight...u can always come over for the bak kut teh n curry..hoho