Thursday, December 28, 2006

BACK TO NATURE - SJÖBO

Finally, the last trip of this close to 5 months long journey. It's 'nature's call' this time round as 3 guys(initially there was supposed to be another person who's apparently on my solvil titus ad..:P) set forth to the country side of Sjöbo around an hour bus ride from Lund. I must say that I've kind of regretted not doing the farm stay earlier as I guess I could have gotten alot more photos than the pathetic amount I'm going to show you as there was not much daylight now. Still, it was a trip with a lot of 1st time for the 3 of us.

Firstly, it was of course our first ever farm stay. Then we had our first 'non-ICA'(Swedish Supermarket), authentic Swedish Meatballs. We were also lucky enough to have our 1st ever horse ride, plus a ride on the horse wagon. I guess we also dug our first ever carrots fresh from the ground, and we walked the dogs (I ran with the dog apparently.... :S), traveled into the forest and experience mother nature Sweden has to offer. We also made some figures from the sweet doughs the family prepared for us. It was also so nice of the family to perform some christmas songs on clarinets and bassoon for us and they were probably one of the nicest people we've met in the entire Sweden.

I must say I've pretty much enjoyed the overnight stay and if only I've started exploring Sweden from this point, my impression of this Scandinavian ice land might be somewhat different. Anyway, the last of the last, photos from Sjöbo.


The Nature














The Farm














The Accomodation






The Horse Jockeys









The Everotts Family




By the way, this farm, owned by the Everotts' Family is apparently more of a dog breeding farm. They specialize in Rottweilers and have won many international acclaims for the dogs they breed. Just check out the number of tags at the back of the group photos. No pics of the Rottweilers cos they were so hyper active and friendly that they would always play with you and lick your hands. I was worried that they start to lick my cameras. :P Its a pity that I've not been able to capture enough decent photos as well. Still, hope you've enjoyed the pics and that should be about all that I have for my entire Europe trip. Next Stop, SINGAPORE.


No comments: